New lettings policies at high rise flats

1 min read
255 views
November 4, 2025
by

Council chiefs have agreed to amend local lettings policies in Seacroft and Killingbeck wards, following a pilot project earlier this year.

The aim is to open up hough rise flats to younger people and, in some cases. families.

A council report said: “52% of flats in Seacroft have an age LLP compared to 38% citywide which indicates that housing options are limited for younger people in this area.”

Seacroft Housing Office has decided to amend the Barncroft’s age preference, covering Barncroft Court, Barncroft Grange, Barncroft Heights and Barncroft Towers, to age 55+.

A council report approving the proposal says 55+ age lettings policies will only be considered in areas with limited retirement life housing or where many existing residents in a group of properties are over the age of 55 years.

Existing age policies will be removed at Hollin Park Mount, Hollin Park Avenue, Fearnville Close, Fearnville Drive, Inglewood Place, Inglewood Drive, Dib Lane, Parkway Court, Parkway Grange and Parkway Towers.

The full council report can be read here.

Subscribe

* indicates required

1 Comment

  1. As with most decisions on housing policies over the last decade, no thought is given to the reason why the policy was introduced in the first place. When the buildings become no go areas, the decision makers will come to regret their latest decision

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Fearnville Leisure Centre upgrade set for Spring 2026

Next Story

Lots happening at Gipton’s Old Fire Station in November

Latest from General News